Roblox is a gaming platform and storefront which allows users to play as well as create games on their own. Even a novice coder can create games on the Roblox platform. Roblox boasts of a safe and controlled environment where users can experiment, create, fail, and try again to finally succeed in developing real games.
But the platform is not free from bugs and errors, which could be frustrating for its huge user base. One such error is 610, which can occur when you try to start any game. Let us find out what the error code 610 is all about, the causes for the error, and ways of fixing it.
What Causes Roblox Error Code 610?
The error code 610 is displayed when a user attempts to either join or start a game from a private server. This error could pop up regardless of the type of game you are trying to start and displays the message “Cannot join the private server: HTTP 400 () (Unknown error.) (Error Code: 610).”
A variety of reasons could cause this error code, but the most common ones are outlined below:
- Roblox server problems – If the Roblox servers are down, this error could crop up. You could verify this by checking if other users are also facing this issue. If others are also having this error, then it is most likely an issue from Roblox’s side. In such a case, all you need to do is be patient for the servers to come alive again after the Roblox developers have fixed it. You can not speed up the resolution of this issue from your end apart from reporting the problem to Roblox. You might want to follow the official Roblox twitter site to know if there are any known server issues or planned maintenance.
- An issue with your account – In 2018, many accounts got hacked by a popup that broke Roblox for many users. Signing out of your account and signing back in should help in this case. Another fix for account issues is to create a brand new account.
- Web-version of Roblox under maintenance – Many affected users have found the web version of Roblox to be a lot more unstable than the desktop version. If your browser is having issues while launching any game in Roblox, then you can try to download the desktop version (only for Windows 10) to fix the 610 problems automatically.
- Bad cached DNS (Domain Name System) – If your network configuration is holding on to some expired DNS, then flushing your DNS would help in resolving this issue. You could also use a command prompt as administrator to refresh them.
Also Read: How to Fix Roblox Error Code 103 on Windows PC or Xbox One
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 610
If you want to be efficient in your game, you might want to learn a number of ways of resolving this frustrating error message 610 in Roblox. We are providing here a couple of tested methods for getting rid of this error. We are sure you would find the one which fixes your specific reason for error code 610:
- Method 1 – Roblox Server Issues – The very first thing that you must do is to figure out if the issue is occurring from the Roblox end because in such a case, you do not want to waste your time trying to fix it. In 2018 some hackers created a GUI inside a few accounts, which caused a popup in their Roblox game, and the game crashed. Since then, the Roblox developers have tried hard to get rid of this problem, but there is no guarantee that another variation of this problem might not arise in the future. We encourage that you try to establish the Roblox servers status by the following process:
- Access any down detector services (IsTheServiceDown or DownDetector) and check if other users are also having this issue.
- If you find out that the source of the error 610 is a Roblox server, then wait for a couple of hours and then try to join the Roblox game.
- If it is not a server issue, then move on to the next method.
- Method 2 – Signing out of your account and then signing in – A quick sign out and sign in to their Roblox account seemed to have fixed this issue for many users. Though one can not officially explain why this method has been effective, some users speculated that by signing out and signing in, some of the components of the game get refreshed. This is how you log out and log in on Roblox:
- Inside Roblox, you will find a gear icon at the top right corner, click on that and select the “Logout” option from the dropdown displayed.
- Hit F5 or click on the refresh button in the browser and then log in with the same account that you used to access Roblox previously.
- Next, move on to the Game tab and try to launch a game to see if you are still getting the 610 error or not.
- If the problem persists, read and follow the next method described below.
- Method 3 – Downloading Roblox on your laptop or PC (works only for Windows 10 operating system) – Many Roblox users who have faced this issue on PC have managed to get past this error by downloading the desktop version of Roblox. Unfortunately, this method works only on Windows 10 since only this operating system has a Roblox app that can be physically installed on your system. Users who have tried this workaround have reported that the error 610 stopped completely after installation of the Roblox app. Here is a stepwise method of installing the app:
- Download Roblox on your system from the Microsoft website. You could also open the Windows Store and look for “Roblox.”
- After the download, you will be redirected to an MS store window where you need to click on the “Play” button to launch Roblox’s desktop version.
- In the next step, log in to the Roblox app with your credentials.
- Move to the Game tab present on the home screen.
- Launch any game mode now to check if the 610 error code is still displayed or not.
- In case the issue persists, you can consider the method described in the next section.
- Method 4 – Create a new account – A few users have discovered that creating a new Roblox account and accessing any game mode from the newly created account seemed to have resolved the error code 610. The same game mode which was giving issue 610 from their old accounts was launching without hassles with the fresh user account. Though this is not an ideal fix if you have a lot of friends and XP in the old account, it serves as a temporary fix till the Roblox developers resolve the issue at their end. Follow the procedure outlined below to create a new Roblox account:
- Go to the Roblox official website and click on the “Sign up” button. In case you are already logged in with your old account, click on the gear icon and select “Logout.”
- Fill the login form displayed by giving all the mandatory information and register your new account by clicking on the “Sign up” button.
- Now log in with the account you just created and try to launch any game mode to find out if Roblox is working smoothly without a 610 glitch.
- If you are still getting the same error, then move on to the next method.
- Method 5 – Refreshing IP and DNS Configuration – A couple of users have been able to play Roblox again after using a command prompt window in administrator mode for flushing any saved DNS addresses. Once the users did this and restarted the web browser, the error code 610 was no longer stopping them from accessing any game mode. To do this, follow the procedure described below:
- Press the key combination “Windows” and “R,” which will open the Run dialog box.
- Type “cmd” in the Run box and then press keys “Ctrl” + “Shift” + “Enter”. This will open the command prompt in elevated or administrator mode.
- To flush the DNS, enter the command “ipconfig /flushdns” in the command prompt and press enter. This will remove any saved DNS and refresh your internet connection.
- After the connection is restored, close the elevated command prompt.
- Restart your web browser and launch Roblox again to check if the 610 issues have been eliminated or not.
If none of the methods described above work for you, then you could use a utility tool called “Restoro Repair.” This tool scans repositories and replaces any files which are corrupted or missing. This solution works in most cases where the 610 error has cropped up due to system corruption. The Restoro tool also helps in optimizing and maximizing your system’s performance. In this post, we discussed how to Fix Roblox Error Code 610. We hope that this tutorial was of some help to you.