In this post, we will discuss how to fix Roblox Error Code 277. Roblox is the go-to place for gamers for playing various online games. The Roblox platform is not like any other in its genre (for instance, the PC platform Steam) as all the games on Roblox have been developed by its users. So Roblox not only provides fun for those who love games but also to those who are passionate about developing games.
The Roblox corporation does not formally develop these games, and at present, the Roblox users have published over 20 million games on this platform. So anyone with a knack for developing games (even kids) can earn as much as 1 million USD in just one year by monetizing their games.
But, Roblox is not a flawless platform without bugs. So, if a massively popular platform like Roblox starts giving issues due to any reason, it can disappoint its users to no end. One of the most common errors on the Roblox platform is error code 277. In this article, we will get to know what this error is all about, what causes it, and how to fix it.
Error Code 277 on Roblox
The Roblox error 277 occurs when there is an interruption in the client’s internet connection and the Roblox server. The error can happen in any of the devices like Windows 10, mobile platforms, MAC devices, and Xbox. The main reason behind server disconnection is the corrupted Windows registry file. Some of the other common reasons for this error are incomplete Roblox installation, Geo content block, improper deletion of important files from the client’s system, etc.
When this error 277 pops up in the middle of your game or when you are trying to join a game, it leaves you frustrated with the message “Lost connection to the game server”. The platform stops you from playing further as it is trying to reconnect with the server and fails each time. You are stuck with your player character in the game that does not move or do anything.
If the issue of disconnection has come from the server-side, then users can not do much apart from waiting to reconnect or try another server. But if the issue is on the client-side, then there are a couple of ways this can be fixed.
Before we learn how to fix the error, let us find out what are some of the possible reasons for this error often occurring on your system.
Cause for Error Code 277 on Roblox
The reasons for error 277 can be many, but most users have experienced this error when there is a problem with their Wi-Fi or internet connection. A bad or unsteady connection most often causes this error, but there could be few other reasons associated with this error as described below:
- Windows registry files corrupted – The Windows system files can get damaged due to various reasons, posing a threat to the normal working of Roblox. These corrupted files also impact the overall health of your PC, and a quick solution for this issue is to apply a fix to the Windows registry.
- Bugs in Roblox – If your game has more than 4500 parts, then you will face issues as Roblox has a limit of 3000 parts. If there are 35 messages in the resend queue, your Roblox client might freeze for a second, and you will face connection issues. These excessive assets result in problems with connection. A restart or refresh of Roblox can sort out this issue most of the time. You might also need to clear cache files.
- Roblox server disconnection – If the game you are trying to play is under maintenance (it could be that the admin of the game is adding assets to it by using the Roblox studio), then you will face server disconnection issues.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 277
The Roblox version and its compatibility settings are almost the same for both PCs and laptops. But these vary greatly when it comes to mobile versions. We will discuss various methods of fixing this issue in both types of devices:
- Fixing error 277 on mobiles – It is a simple process when it comes to fixing problems with Roblox on mobiles. Here are the simple steps:
- Launch the game on Roblox, which you wish to play.
- With Roblox running in the background, enable airplane mode on your device.
- Switch on your mobile data or Wi-Fi connection and come back to your Roblox game.
- Fixing error 277 on laptops or PCs – You can fix error code 277 on laptops and PCs using the same methods. A few of the simple techniques are outlined below:
- By updating your default browser – Google Chrome is the recommended default browser for Roblox as it is the most trusted and reliable browser for this gaming platform (though one can use internet explorer too). It is essential that you are always playing Roblox on an up-to-date Google chrome since by updating the browser, the Roblox also frequently gets updated to its latest version. Your browser might be clogged with a hoard of old data, which can give 277 error codes; hence installing the latest version clears out unnecessary or unused files and frees up space in your hard disk or cloud storage.
- Using Roblox Utility Tool – With the use of this utility tool, you can fix any corrupted files in the Windows registry. The steps for running the tool are:
Also Read: How to Fix Roblox Error Code 267
- Download the Roblox Error 277 tool, which is compatible with the version of Windows on your system.
- Install the utility and then click on “Scan now”.
- The scan might take some time, let the whole process finish.
- Once done, the tool would have found all the problems. Click on “Fix” to allow the tool to fix the issues found. Wait for the tool to finish fixing all the issues.
- You now need to restart your system to start using Roblox again.
- By running Roblox in compatibility mode – Roblox usually works smoothly with Windows 10 systems, but at times compatibility issues could crop up and mess with your games. You must run the Roblox app in compatibility mode if the issue is related to the Roblox version on your PC being compatible with earlier versions of Windows. You could fix the compatibility mode in two ways:
- By changing the compatibility mode settings – To modify the Roblox compatibility settings, you need to perform the following steps:
- On your system, right-click on the Roblox app icon and select “Properties”.
- Select the “Compatibility” tab in the settings window and then click on the checkbox “run this program in compatibility mode for”
- From the dropdown menu, select the Windows version running on your PC or laptop.
- Now click on the “Apply” button.
ii. By running Program Compatibility Troubleshooter, which is a built-in Windows utility – If your issues are not fixed by running the Roblox app in compatibility mode, then you can use the Windows compatibility troubleshooter program as outlined below:
- Click on Windows start button and in the search box type “RUN PROGRAMS” and hit enter.
- From the search results displayed, select “run programs made for previous versions of the Windows”.
- Click on the “Next” button, which will run the compatibility troubleshooter to scan potential issues with your app’s compatibility. After scanning, the tool would give you a list of apps that are having compatibility issues. From the list, select Roblox and hit on the “Next” button.
- Now you can select troubleshooting options for Roblox. Here you could opt to choose the recommended compatibility settings or choose the settings which address your specific concerns.
- After following the troubleshooting guide click on the “Test the program” button to find out if the issue has been resolved or not.
- Restart your computer.
- By Deleting Roblox Logs – Roblox keeps track of temporary data such as settings, game history, etc., stored as log files. These files could take up a considerable amount of space in your hard disk. The files could also cause other glitches like the 277 error. You must delete these files by following the steps mentioned below:
- Press “Windows + R” keys to launch the Run dialog box.
- In the dialog box, type “%localappdata%\Roblox\logs” and click enter.
- It will open that Roblox log files folder. Select all the files in this folder and hit the “Shift + delete” button to permanently delete these files.
- Once again, open the run dialog and type in the following “%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\RbxLogs\.”
- The folder which opens now contains all the log files for the games, which should also be deleted.
In this post, we discussed how to fix Roblox Error Code 277. We hope you liked this post and that you were able to resolve the error. We also have tutorials on how to fix other error codes on Roblox. You can check those out on our blog.