If you are a gaming enthusiast or someone who is passionate about developing games, then the Roblox platform is not unfamiliar to you. A massive online gaming platform, Roblox is incredibly popular, with some of its games (like Adopt Me) having 1.6 million concurrent players in the year 2020. It is a dream app for gamers and developers alike since the amazing games that users play on this platform are actually developed by the users of Roblox. Roblox corporation does not develop games for their application.
But along with being as popular as Roblox is, it has its own share of errors too. One such error which specifically players on Xbox One have complained about is error 103. When this issue arises, the error message displayed to the user says, “The Roblox game you are trying to join is currently not available (Error Code: 103)” and the player is blocked from joining any game on Roblox.
In this article, we will see what causes error 103 in Roblox and some of the ways of fixing this problem.
Reasons for Error Code 103 on Roblox
The primary reason for error 103 on Roblox is the age restriction setting on the Roblox account. A few other reasons are NAT (Network Address Translation) issues, UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) problems associated with the router settings, etc. Here are details on some of the most common reasons behind the 103 problems:
- DOB issue – Xbox one has an additional layer of protection for children accounts. So if you try to login into Xbox one with an account that is under 13 years and works well on PC, you will not be able to play and join user-created worlds on Xbox one with that account. You would need to make some adjustments in privacy settings so that you can access games on Xbox with the same account. You could also create a brand new account on Xbox where the user’s age is more than 13.
- Content from others is disabled – Xbox has extreme privacy settings where content from other users gets blocked for kids. This means that you can not share your content with other users on Roblox. To fix this issue, you could access XBox from a parent’s account and modify the privacy settings where you allow everyone to see and share content.
- NAT issues – There are specific ports that the Roblox servers use, and if these ports are not being forwarded properly, then Roblox might throw the 103 error. There are two ways to deal with it: forwarding the ports manually or enabling UPnP within your router settings.
- Improper installation of the game or firmware glitches – This issue occurs on PCs and not Xbox. Your PC uses many temporary files, which are potential causes for this error. If you download Roblox from unofficial sites and install it, that could also be another reason for the 103 error. It is best to keep clearing temporary files from your PC regularly (perform power cycling procedure which will clear the temporary folders as well as power capacitors) and install Roblox by downloading them from trusted sites. If the issue is due to the bad installation of the game, then an easy fix for this issue is to uninstall the game as well as any add-ons or updates you might have installed. You can reinstall the game afterwards.
Fixing Error 103 in Roblox
This error is mostly seen on Xbox platforms than PC, but there is no guarantee that this error will not pop up in mobiles (Android, iOS), Windows PCs, and MAC PCs.
Many Xbox users find that the account that works fine on PC is not letting them play Xbox as issue 103 blocks them on XBox console. The easiest and best way to fix error 103 is to create a new account where you set the date of birth above 13 years and enable the viewing and sharing of content on Xbox.
Some of the fixes for this error are described below:
- Method 1 – Create a new account for Roblox, which does not have an age restriction – Since this is the numero uno cause for 103 errors springing up from the Xbox console, the first thing to do is create an account where the DOB of the user is above 13 years. With Xbox consoles having additional restrictions for kids below 13 years accessing certain sites, this issue can be fixed with a new account. To create a new account, follow the steps mentioned below:
- After opening Roblox from your mobile or PC, move towards the sign-up page.
- Fill out your personal details (user name, gender, password) and make the DOB in a way that you’re 18 years or older on the day you make your profile.
- Fill out the rest of the mandatory information and click on the “Sign up” button.
- Once you sign up, you need to verify your account. Just follow the online instructions for verification.
- Now go back to your Xbox console and sign in with your newly created account. Try to join a world and check if the 103 error is still there or not.
- If your issues are not yet resolved, move on to the next method.
- Method 2 – Enable content from other users on a child account – If the error is coming when you log into Xbox through a child’s account, then it is most likely that the Xbox console’s extra security has blocked content from other users. To resolve this, you would need to enable content from other users by the following procedure:
- Sign in to your parent account on the Xbox console.
- From the main dashboard, select the “My apps and games” option.
- Next, go to the settings menu and scroll down to find the “Family” tab.
- Select the child account which is giving you this error.
- Inside the child’s account’s setting, select “Privacy -> Custom”, which will let you edit the custom privacy preferences.
- You will be able to scroll through the carousel privacy menu, where you will find an entry “See content other people make”, select this menu option.
- In the next menu, toggle the status of this menu option to “Allow” and save your changes.
- Now restart your Xbox one console and log in with your child account.
- To test if the problem is solved or not, try to repeat the actions that had earlier caused error 103 to make sure it is not happening now.
- Method 3 – Forward port manually – Usually, the method described above works most of the time perfectly. Still, in case it does not help with your issue, then you might be encountering a port forwarding issue. Since Roblox is a multiplayer game, it needs your network’s address translation (NAT) to be open. Any game involving the exchange of data between peers uses specific ports which have to be open to allow you to play the game online. Most of the modern routers have default port forwarding. Still, if you are using an older router (which possibly does not support UPnP) or have made modifications to your router (which can disable the feature of your router which facilitates NAT opening), you would have to manually forward port. You have two ways to allow port forwarding used by Roblox:
- Enable UPnP within your router settings to open NAT – The steps for this are:
- From a MAC or PC system connected to your router’s network, open your default browser.
- In the browser’s navigation bar, type any of the addresses listed below and hit enter:
- Either of these addresses will take you to your router login page, type in your login credentials.
- Once you are inside your router settings page, find the “Advanced menu” or “NAT forwarding” tab, where you will find the UPnP settings option.
- After you find the UPnP toggle button, enable it and save your changes.
- Once you have successfully enabled the Universal Plug-in Option, you should reboot your Xbox console as well as your router.
- Now attempt to join a game in Roblox and see if the error persists.
- Manually forward the ports that Roblox uses :
- From the previous section, follow the steps from (i) till (iv) to get inside the “Port Forwarding” or “NAT forwarding” menu inside your router settings.
- From the “Port forwarding” menu, find the menu that lets you forward ports manually.
- Now start forwarding the ports needed by Roblox on Xbox One (TCP: 3074, UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500)
- Once you are sure that each of these ports has been forwarded, save your changes.
- Reboot both your router and the Xbox console before you try to join another game in the Xbox console.
- Enable UPnP within your router settings to open NAT – The steps for this are:
Also Read: How to Fix Roblox Error Code 277
If you are still unable to access a world created by other users using any of the methods described above, then it is quite possible that the Roblox has not been installed properly. The only option, in this case, is to uninstall and reinstall Roblox on Xbox from its official site. In this post, we discussed how to Fix Roblox Error Code 103 on Windows PC or Xbox One. We hope that this tutorial was helpful to you.