World of Warcraft is one of the most popular games across the globe. Various customizations allow users to have a lot of fun in this game. They always have an option to change the appearance of their characters in many ways. Helms can be described as helmets in WoW, it is a short term for the latter. When you first start playing the game, you will always find the helms to be a part of your character’s appearance. You don’t like it? Would you like to know how to hide a helm in WoW?
Procedure To Hide A Helm In WoW
There used to be a feature on WoW that allowed players to hide their helms with just a click of the button. With the help of this feature, the effects of a helmet would stay intact but it wouldn’t appear on the character’s face. Over some time, the developers made way for the new features. Thus the feature to hide helms didn’t exist any longer. If you were playing this game a little while ago, you wouldn’t have to search for how to hide a helm in WoW. But since the feature is no longer in use, you will find the task to hide a helm a little more complex.
Also Read: What You Should Know About Stellaris Time Loop
This is a problem that affects every retail WoW player. Nowadays, you will get an option. To hide a helm through a transmog NPC. Let’s get into a few features of transmog NPC:
- It is the feature that provides users with the ability to change their appearance. So if you’re using armour and weapons of one kind and you don’t like it at all, you can change it through transmog NPC, also known as transmogrification.
- There are certain classes for each of the players. When a player equips an item by his class, its appearance is going to be visible in the Appearance collection.
- You can visit special NPCs and browse transmogs for any item currently equipped. You can replace its appearance by choosing a certain transmog.
- The most important point to understand about transmogrification is that the character needs to equip both the items. Apart from that, Armor must be of the same type and weapons should use the same attack style.
It would require a small price for you to change the appearance of your character. So if you’re searching to know how to hide a helm in WoW, you will have to use this transmogrification feature. It’s not just about hiding your helmet. You can change your appearance in a lot of ways with its help. While you can remove your helmet quite easily, there are a lot of things that you can change regarding its appearance. You can change the look of your whole character entirely as per your needs and desires. There are various options to explore and you can keep doing so from time to time as long as you feel the need for the same.
Understanding Transmogrification Rules
To know how to hide a helm in WoW can be quite simple when you take the help of a transmog NPC. But unless you understand transmogrification rules, you might not be able to deal with it exactly as per your wants. Here are some of the transmogrification rules that you have to understand:
- The character must be able to equip both items.
- You cannot transmogrify any item. The items to be transmogrified are uncommon (green), rare (blue) or epic (purple). This rule doesn’t apply to every item included in the list. Some of these items might prove to be inappropriate, thus making them invalid for the process of transmogrification.
- Items need to share the same Armor type as well. So if you want to transmogrify a plate, you need to do it for a plate only. The same is the case with a cloth as well.
- As you can assume on your own by now, you need to transmogrify a weapon for a weapon too. You have to use guns, crossbows and bows to transmogrify guns, crossbows and bows.
- When you transmogrify an item, it is non-refundable. So if you choose to transmogrify something and you’re dissatisfied with the results, you cannot do much about it apart from regretting your decision.
- As we have already said, all the items cannot be transmogrified. Some of the items can prove to be inappropriate for the cause. Let’s take the example of legendary items. These items are not available to transmogrify.
- If you’re going to mail an item, it is going to strip away its transmogrification. So you have to be a little careful here.
- Some of the items that were added to the game as part of absurdities wouldn’t be available for transmogrification.
You have to keep all these rules in your mind regarding transmogrification. The process to know how to hide a helm in WoW is quite simple but what you’re going to use in the process of transmogrification to change the appearance of your character needs to be known as well.
There’s a huge menu on Transmog NPC that’s going to have all sorts of items. You have to find the exact menu which allows you to alter the appearance of your helmet. If you don’t want to use the helmet and get rid of its appearance for good, you will always have the option to do so. But when you do so, it will take away this protective gear from your head completely. So it’s better to know how to hide a helm in WoW rather than disabling it completely.
Since there’s a large scope involved in WoW, you wouldn’t feel bored while playing this game. But as you find more and more items on the platform, it will account for more problems as well. All in all, you can keep changing the properties and the way you play the game from time to time. With the help of transmogrification, you have an opportunity to change the appearance of your character time and again!