In this post, we will discuss how to fix Dev Error 6068 in Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare. Call Of Duty is a celebrated franchise when it comes to first-person shooter video games. It has been there for decades and has shown no signs of fatigue in popularity. One of its latest releases Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare has earned a good response from gamers.
However, many of them have complained about several issues in the game. Have you been playing this game too? Then you must have come across Dev error 6068 at some point. It can occur at different intervals while playing Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare. More often than not, it appears when you have just launched the game.
Reasons Behind The Dev Error 6068
If you’re facing Dev error 6068 while playing Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare, there’s to be a solid reason behind the error. We will look at some of the common reasons why the error takes place:
- There can be issues in your graphics settings. Sometimes you try to edit the settings on your own by bringing too many changes to it. This can lead to different errors, Dev error 6068 is one of them.
- Game configuration and optimal settings can be a reason behind the error too. When you’re a gamer, you always want to do something that makes the experience different. Sometimes it works wonders and you enjoy the game as per your desires. But there are other times when game configuration can lead to errors, one of them being Dev error 6068.
- The third reason can be the fact that your system is not satisfying the minimum configuration for the game. So just when you download and install the game, the error is going to occur immediately after launching the game for the first time.
Reliable Solutions That Can Fix Dev Error 6068
Now that we understand the reason behind the error, we should try to learn the solutions for it as well. Let’s take a look at some of the most reliable solutions that you can use:
Solution #1: Run Game As Administrator
The first solution that you can use is to run the game as an administrator. When the program is not running according to administrator privileges, Dev error 6068 is bound to occur at some point. These are the steps that you can follow to solve the issue:
- Firstly, you have to find the application on your PC. Once you locate Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare, you should right-click on it. The next thing to do is to select Properties.
- You will see a compatibility tab after opening Properties. You need to click on “Run this program as an administrator”.
- Once you have made these changes in the Properties, click OK.
Now you can run the game as an administrator. Open Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare and see if Dev error 6068 is appearing or not.
Solution #2: Launch Warzone on DirectX 11
This has been a very reliable solution to solve Dev error 6068 too. You just have to follow a couple of simple steps to get the job done:
- The first thing to do is to open the “Battle.net” client on your PC.
- You will find “Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare” on the left panel. You have to click on “Options” here. Thereafter you need to select “Game Settings”.
- Once you have selected “Game Settings”, the next thing to do is to check the box that’s next to Additional command-line arguments.
- You have to type “d3d11” in this box and then click on the Done option.
You can launch back the game and there are high chances that the error has been solved.
Solution #3: Disable Application & Overlays
You have to disable multiple applications & overlays to get rid of the Dev error 6068. More often than not, this error can occur when you have been using your PC continuously for many hours and going through a wide variety of applications. You have to get rid of all the processes such as taking screenshots, performance monitoring, broadcasting service, video/audio recording etc. Apart from these processes, you have to remove the applications such as Gamebar, Spotify, GeForce Experience etc.
Solution #4: Update Windows 10
How much time has it been since you last updated the windows of your PC? If it has been many months, it can be one of the reasons behind Dev error 6068. It’s not just about this one error, not updating your windows on time can lead to all kinds of issues. Here’s how you can update Windows 10 and make sure that the Dev error 6068 has been fixed:
- You have to open the Windows Search Menu on your PC. It’s pretty basic, you just have to press the Windows key on the keyboard.
- The next thing to do is to type for Windows update on the search box.
- Select the “check for updates” option. If it has been forever since you last updated your windows, there’s surely an update to download.
- Windows will check if there’s the latest update available. It will download and install the update automatically.
It can take some time for the windows to get updated. Once the task is finished, you can check on Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare again and see if the solution has worked.
Solution #5: Tweak Graphics Settings
We have discussed how graphics can be one of the causes of Dev error 6068. Sometimes, you might customize the graphic settings on your own too, leading to this error. Here’s how you tweak Graphics Settings properly:
- You need to open the game.
- You will find the Settings option on the game, click on it. Then go to the “Graphics” section.
- You have to click on “Full-screen Borderless” in the next window.
You just have to bring this little change that’s barely going to take half a minute. The chances are high that this solution is going to fix Dev error 6068 completely.
Solution #6: Turn off Nvidia G-Sync
Nvidia G-Sync can be the reason behind the Dev error 6068. You have to disable G-Sync and see if the error persists. Here’s how you do it:
- Right-click on the desktop. You will find “NVIDIA Control Panel” somewhere on the list.
- Click on the option and click on the plus sign that’s next to “Display” on the left in the next window.
- Choose “Set up G-Sync” and uncheck the box next to Enable G-Sync.
- After applying the settings, you have to restart the computer.
After making this little change, you can go back to the game once again and see if Dev error 6068 is still troubling or not.
Solution #7: Setting the Game to Priority
If you have been using many applications at once, it is bound to cause an error while playing Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare, one like Dev error 6068. You have to keep the game at the top of your priority list so that it can use maximum resources. Here’s how you do so:
- Open the task manager by tapping Alt+Ctrl+Delete.
- You have to locate the game from processes and right-click on it.
- Click on “Go to details” and follow it up by right-clicking on “Call Of Duty”.
- You will get an option to choose Priority for the game. Keep it high and save the changes.
Solution #8: Disable Ray Tracing & Crossplay
You can disable ray tracing & crossplay and it might solve the Dev error 6068 on Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare.
- Open the game and go to Options. Click on “Shadow & Lighting”.
- Once you get there, disable DirectX Ray Tracing.
- Revert to Options and click on “Account”.
- Follow it up by setting “Crossplay” and disabling it.
Final Words on Dev Error 6068
We have provided you with 8 different solutions to fix Dev error 6068. We hope that one of the fixes can solve the concern permanently. These are all reliable and safe solutions so you can trust them completely and use them interchangeably!