Are you getting the Ce-34878-0 error while playing your favorite games? This is one of the most common errors that can lead to a sudden crash of the game. When you’re playing a game, the whole vibe is almost ruined if the Ce-34878-0 error pops up out of nowhere. In this post, we will discuss this error and its solutions.
What is the PS4 Ce-34878-0 Error?
- It mostly occurs at the start of the game. Some of the games such as witcher3, sims, Fortnite, monopoly plus, etc. can take time to load. But before the loading completes, the error can drop on your screen from out of nowhere, crashing the whole thing.
- There are times when this error doesn’t occur again when you restart the game. So most gamers take the issue lightly. But on most occasions, this error can happen repeatedly and the game will crash within a few seconds of starting it.
If the error doesn’t fade away even after restarting the application, you’re in some trouble. You don’t have to worry as long as we are here to offer some great solutions.
Causes Of The Ce-34878-0 Error
Before we get to the part of the solution, we have to understand the causes of such an error. Let’s get right into it:
Also Read: Fix Minecraft “Authentication Servers Are Down”
- If the game files are corrupted, the error is bound to occur. You probably won’t be able to find that one particular file of the game that’s corrupted. This can happen when you download the game files from an untrusted source.
- If you’re using the same old version of PS4, it will lead to various errors. One of those errors is the “Ce-34878-0” error. This can occur right at the start of the game.
- There are temporary issues in the game or PS4. This is the reason why this error can fade away quickly when you restart the game. When the issue is temporary, you don’t have to get any solution for it. All you should do is wait for the time when the error is gone on its own.
- The error may also occur when you fail to update the application or the PlayStation. A particular version of the app or game can last until a specific period. Once that period expires, the “Ce-34878-0” error occurs on a common basis.
Solutions For “Ce-34878-0” Error
Now that we understand the nature and causes of the problem, we shall head towards the part that you’re eager to know about. There are several solutions to such an error and we will discuss them one by one:
Solution #1: Restart The PS4 Console
One of the common reasons why the “Ce-34878-0” error is occurring is your PS4 console. If you have been using it for a long period, there will be a point when it crashes badly. Here’s how you restart the console:
- Close the game as well as the PS4.
- You have to disconnect the power chord from the socket.
- After waiting a couple of minutes, you have to reconnect the power chord to the power socket.
- You can start PS4 again and see if the game is still crashing.
As you can see, the solution is very basic and it takes a couple of minutes to complete the whole procedure. There is a high chance that it gets rid of the error.
Solution #2: Update The Game
We have discussed the causes that not updating the game can lead to several errors too. You haven’t updated the game in a long time? It’s about time you do the job:
- Go to the PS4 Home Screen.
- There will be a “Problematic Game” option available and you need to click on it. Press the “Options” button.
- Now you have to press the “Check For Update” option and see if you have any pending updates.
If there are any, you should install them. Once the installation is completed, you can revert to the game.
Solution #3: Updating The Firmware
If your firmware is outdated, it can be a reason behind the “Ce-34878-0” error. Here’s how you perform the update:
- Go to the home screen of the PlayStation.
- Enter the Settings and locate “System Software Update” on it. You need to click on the option.
- Your PS4 will check for the updates and if there’s any update left to be installed, you need to install it.
Solution #4: Initializing Your PS4
If none of the above methods has proved to be effective, you should initialize your PS4. It is a risky procedure so you should back up all your important data on the hard disk. Here are the steps that you need to follow to initialize your PS4:
- Go to the home menu of PlayStation. Head towards the Settings.
- You have to scroll down and find the “Initialize PS4” option.
- Simply click on it and follow all the instructions given to you.
It can take some time to initialize your PS4. When you revert to the game, there is a high chance that the error has been solved.
Solution #5: Contacting Your Customer Care
If none of the above methods is working, things are out of your control. So the best option now is to contact customer care. It might take a lot of time for them to reach out to you and eventually solve the problem. But when nothing else is working, all you can do is wait.
The error can happen if you’re using a third-party hard drive. You might have your reasons to use a third-party hard drive but it can always lead to a Ce-34878-0 error, among many other issues. You should revert to your original hard drive in this case.
Final Words on PS4 Ce-34878-0 Error
It’s understandable if you’re worried about this error. The Ce-34878-0 error can occur regularly just at the launch of the application. We have discussed different solutions to the problem. We hope that one of the solutions works out for you. But if none of the solutions is working, you have no other option but to contact customer support.